Sustainable impact to the quality of care
PURPLESUN is a technology company on a mission to transform healthcare by creating the first non-chemical based standard for disinfection. Our novel light-based products provide healthcare facilities with the fastest, data-driven, sustainable solutions for infection prevention.
PurpleSun technology featured in the American Journal of Infection Control:
- Chemical Disinfection vs. PurpleSun FMUV
- PurpleSun FMUV Impact on Cleaning Time
- Evaluation of FMUV for Disinfection
A new era of value-based healthcare is focused on quality.
In order to improve care, lower costs and improve operational margins for payers and providers we must implement infection prevention precautions.
1 in 20 patients will contract a hospital-acquired infection (HAI) during their stay
Infections not only harm patient health and trust but also hospital profits. Additional care due to infection is rarely fully paid for. Lower the infection rate and you’ll see healthier patients and economic savings.
THE CLINICAL & ECONOMIC LOSS FROM INFECTION
Deaths per year resulting
from HAI’s in the US alone
Cost per infection
Total number of patients
with HAI’s in the US per year
Annual costs for US
Why embrace new infection prevention methods
LIMITATIONS OF TODAY’S TOOLS
- Everything is done by hand
- Thousands of surfaces to cover
- No room for human error
- Increased pathogen resistance to antibiotics and cleaning agents
- Surfaces remain contaminated for months at a time
- New laws (section 2819) require public reports on performance
- Patient has a choice in facilities
- HAIs add 8-19 days length of stay
- Medicare reimbursement is withheld from hospitals with the highest HAIs
Healthcare needs a solution.
Making the Impossible Possible
PurpleSun is the only technology company with the full sustainable solution to automate hospital disinfection for complex medical equipment and patient rooms. Our novel light-based technology takes ~90 seconds and is 99.99% effective. FMUV Shadowless Delivery essentially removes human error and variability in the current labor intensive manual-chemical process while saving time.
Technology Pillars for Success
~ 90 Seconds
No Need to Evacuate Room